Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ukrainian Egg Class

I have always wanted to learn how to make Ukrainian Eggs. I have seen a couple of classes, but for one reason or another, I was unable to attend. I FINALLY had the opportunity to take a class at Sweetland Retreat in Manchester, ME - the class was taught by Heidi Boyd. I don't think we did bad for a beginner class! Once my art room renovations are complete, I will focus on more of these types of projects. The eggs shown above are my eggs that I made that day. Of course my crazy cat that drives me INSANE broke the eggs within an hour of me getting home. I was so bummed, but it was my fault for leaving them where he could get at them (silly me for wanting to display my eggs!).
These eggs were made by Heidi during class. She does have the artistic knack! My sheep would have look "challenged"!The class is working hard on their eggs. Everyone was so into their art that at times you could hear a pin drop!
Another student focused on egg art.
This little cutie dropped into class at the end. She was SO adorable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Well worth waiting to see!

Heidi Boyd said...

Can't believe your kitty broke those beautiful eggs, such a shame. Thank you so much for coming, it was a real delight to meet you in person!