Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crafty Afternoon

Kelley and I went to Catherine's house yesterday for a great afternoon of crafty stuff yesterday. We brought our own lunch and followed up with a terrific batch of brownies that Catherine had made from the Martha Stewart Magazine: Catherine kinda looks like Martha in her new apron, huh? She can do a great Julia Childs impersonation too! Her son was home and I got a couple of shots of him with the whipped cream can:Canned whipped cream is made for kids! Catherine has done a great job as a mom. Her son loves life, is polite, well behaved, and fun to be around. Catherine is sorting through a huge box of chipboard stuff to use on future EK Success projects. While we were there, Fed Ex arrived with another box full of stamps. The photo below shows Catherine with 2 of her favs in the box:
Kelley finished her journal and was very pleased with her finished piece. She is working on a rug using a wooden frame and beautiful material in various blues. It is stunning in real life!
Next is a great photo of Catherine after we messed up her perfectly neat and clean island in the kitchen :) We had such a fun afternoon. After leaving Catherine's house, I drive approx. 1/2 hour north. The ride home was awesome - warm, sunny, and no traffic on the country roads. I love summer in Maine and I love spending time with my friends.....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds (and looks) like a really nice day!!

zoesimm said...

had a blast with you guys yesterday!!!

Anonymous said...

THanks for your lovely words about Ian, he really enjoyed himself as well - and the brownies are officially GONE...phew!