Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Junk Purchases

Junk shopping! The above photo is some of the new (used) bottle openers Mark purchased. This makes 103 bottle openers that he has collected.
Over the past few months I have started collecting the red and green handled kitchen utensils. These few pieces, along with what I already collected, now reside on the wall above the stove in the kitchen. The wall is full!


And the bobbins....aaaaaaah, the bobbins! Vintage sewing notions have become "my thing". I have 21 antique bobbins that are all different. I am also filling a vintage sewing basket with old sock darners, seam smoothers, wooden sewing bobbins, button hooks, snaps, etc...It has added a little bit of "awesome" to my craft room :)I started out with 2 pair of wooden shoe molds. I am now at 23 molds and counting! We were very lucky to find the old cast iron molds that were used in shoe shops to make the soles of the shoes. I love the kids sizes! The wooden mold in the back with the pointed toe was used to make the fancy, shmancy pointed toe boots with heals at the turn of the century. The little lovelies reside on a shoe shop rack with vintage shoe polish bottles in my craft room. It is kept there to keep the cats from making themselves at home on the rack!
The printers tray was a deal! $6. I plan on mounting onto a wall in the craft room to display bottles and vintage sewing notions. Love it!

2 comments:

zoesimm said...

cool goodies KAren...you're going to need to add on to your house soon :-)

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH Karen ..you are a lucky girl ..finding all these treasures. THanks for sharing the photos!