Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Old Man Alfred

Poor Alf! He has grown old right before our eyes! He is 14 years old and has limited sight and hearing. Recently, he started having seizures and had already been on steroids for other issues he is having. I know our time is limited with Alf, so I am taking photos of those special moments. This moment was with his "fuzzy baby". He has always loved fuzzies and recently I realized I had not seen him hauling a fuzzy around with him. So I bought a new one and that did the trick! He is always with his new fuzzy (although Rosie has already torn it and eaten the tail). Alf has hiked most of the mountains in New England and most of the AT in New Hampshire and Maine. He has had a very looooong and goooood life :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Really glad to see a recent photo of old Alfred! He looks very "happy" with his new "fuzzy"!

Molly B said...

Oh Alfred! He is my favorite of all of your animals I have met so far... don't tell Sassy! LOL! Give him a pat and scratch for me. -Molly B

Karen said...

Oh Molly! Alf is always playing second to Rosie, so your words mean more to me than you know! I whispered your message in his "good" ear last night and his little tail wagged! Big hugs from the Alfman to Molly!